I came across the article 5 things your business should be doing on social media right now via BizJournals.com today and all I can say is #Preach.
Lee Aase, the director of the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network said “I have been a believer in the importance of social media, but for me it became indisputable when I saw Super Bowl ads that included Twitter handles and hashtags. If businesses that are spending seven figures for a 30-second ad think it’s worthwhile to include a social component, that’s a powerful validation. The beauty of social is that even though the big brands with massive ad budgets find it attractive, it’s completely accessible for smaller organizations” and I couldn’t agree more.
To summarize the article there are 5 main points:
• You can’t win if you’re not in the game
• Put the “social” in your social media strategy
• Know you audience and choose your channels wisely
• If you build it will they come?
• A viral social media post isn’t always a good thing
I am proud to say that I am on track on all 5 points and much is crossover to advice I give my clients. This article was worth the read.