WHAT MAKES YOU THE “WORLD’S BEST BOSS”?
Whether you’re the boss of your household, the boss of a small business, or the boss of a major corporation… It is important to self-evaluate your management skill set, and see how you can lead your team more effectively.
We’ve put together a list of traits and qualities that make good bosses and leaders and want to share them with you!
“People say I’m the best boss. They go, ‘God, we’ve never worked in a place like this. You’re hilarious, and you get the best out of us.”
– Michael Scott, The Office US
TRAITS OF GOOD BOSSES
- Lead by example
- They motivate
- Are fair
- Create a culture of open communication
- Caring for their team
- Listen to team’s thoughts and ideas
- Sharing “why” behind the decisions and actions that the team takes
- Ensures that the team is lead and supported
- Inspires people and makes them excited about their work
- Mentor instead of command
- Notes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member
- Facilitates positive relationships with employees
TRAITS OF BAD BOSSES
- Play favourites
- Avoid tough conversations
- Have unrealistic expectations
- Explain a task and leaves it in the team’s hands
- Lack self awareness, don’t embody workplace values
- Don’t show appreciation or recognition to team members
- Takes credit for other’s work
- Have a sense of entitlement rather than a sense of duty
- Criticize without coaching
“The greatest gift of leadership is a boss who wants you to be successful.” – Jon Taffer
What makes your boss great? Or not so great? Comment or DM us on Instagram and we will add your ideas to this blog!
We specialize in small business marketing, especially for local Calgary businesses, in addition to national and international brands. We have clients in Europe that we’ve only met through the internet, we have clients across Canada we primarily phone and email with, and we have clients in Calgary that we meet with regularly, often filming videos and leading strategy sessions. Based on your budget we will provided our strongest recommendations to you about where to focus, and we thrive off having to get creative.
If you are interested in upping your marketing game to build your business, please contact us today for a free 30 minute consultation!